Thursday, March 25, 2010

Snow at Grrenleaf - First day of Spring

The camping trip was great until the first day of spring. Thursday and Friday were beautiful. On Friday (the last day of winter) the temperature was 72 degrees, we were sitting around a fire in shorts and t-shirts. Then Friday night the weather changed from spring to winter, it began to rain. Saturday morning it was cold and damp and still raining. Brittany and I decided to leave a day early, so we packed up our belongings and headed for OKC. (The ice chest we had placed in front of the cabin had disappeared, I told Brittany it was so cold nothing was going to spoil on the way home.) We drove in rain, sleet and snow and it continuing snowing on Saturday afternoon, there was about 3 to 4 inches on the ground in OKC before it was over. Summer and Jeff also left on Saturday. Amber and her family and Marc and his family stayed until Sunday. There was about 12 inches of snow on the ground at Greenleaf, Jerry and Jane came home on Monday.
I'm so glad I came home on Saturday, we saw several wrecks and numerous vehicles in the ditches on I-40.

I am doing okay with my therapy, I'm still going twice a week. Now for the lastest, I went to the eye doctor on Tuesday and they cannot improve my eyesight anymore with glasses, the cataracts need to be removed. So I'm going to schedule surgery,just haven't decided when. They can only do one eye at a time. BOY, I guess 2010 at age 70 is when everything is going to fall apart.

No more good news for today. Jan I don't know when Brittany and I will be coming to Seattle, however I don't think it will be in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment