Friday, March 5, 2010

Books, Whales, Family

First, Joe is going home wednesday. Since his move to Jim Thorpe Rehab last friday, he has had speech, physical and occupational therapy. His improvement has been dramatic. How much of his abilities he will regain is unknown, but we are all hopeful. He is eating, walking with assistance and talking with some cognitive impairment which is showing improvement each day. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, keep it up.

Hello to all from the Taylor House for Abandoned Parents, Grandparents and Siblings.
It's so lonely. Nobody but each other to talk to, talk about or just take life easy with. If Spring is not here it is just around the corner. Probably not more than 2 snow and 1 ice storm before we hit tornado season. All the storm chasers will be happy, the kids bicycle helmets get put in the inside closet for when the sky darkens and the air gets a green tinge to it and the storms dance around the house.
Life is good.

Yesterday Jane, Jean and I took a trip to Okarche to the Tower Cafe for lunch and one of the better Cinnamon Rolls anywhere.
Meeting Amber and Family for dinner tonight.
Life is good.

Friday Amber, Marc and families head to Greenleaf for spring break. Jane and I are going to see "Tuna Does Vegas" friday night and then to Greenleaf on saturday. Jean and Brittany will be there wednesday and Jeffery on thursday. Life is good.

Took the truck for some work and discovered the brakes needed worked on. I thought they had been rather spongy. Last fall I took the trailer in to have some work done and the brakes needed fixed. So this morning, for the first time in a long time, when I pulled the trailer I had brakes on the truck and the trailer. Jane only hit the windshield twice before I figured out how everything worked better with brakes all around.
Life is good.

Jan, when you get ready to make reservations for the whale watching call me for a CC number. Jane and I will be in the truck without the trailer. Maybe with cats. If any friends, relatives or countrymen know anything about traveling with cats, let me know. When a worthless, no good, lazy cat needs 2 insulin shots a day, it can slow you down, but.
Life is good.

Books
Mar -- Oliver Kitteridge
I think I reviewed this one earlier, but I'll go again. I liked the book, but thought it was rather depressing.
Apr -- The Blood of Flowers
I love history. So I will call this history. I enjoyed most of it just as a story. Enough history of 17th century Iran to keep me interested. Now I want to read Iranian history. She is not a literary genius (but would I know one if I saw one).
May -- Herzog
Jan, I owe you for this. When I saw Saul Bellows I thought no way. But then I remembered you told me he was critically acclaimed. So against my better judgement I started it. One hundred pages in we are having dinner with Amber and family and I said, I'm not wasting my time on this. It's going back to the library. But, how can you start a book and not finish. I read the last of it and was more confused. How did he get there. TWO hundred pages in I thought I'm going to kill her, this is junk. THREE HUNDRED pages in, I thought, he's writing this about us, you and me. That was a sobering thought. Either it is a good book, or our life is junk. Ponder that.
Life is good.

Jane and I are doing great. The kids are okay. The grandkids are outstanding.
Lov Ya All
LIFE IS GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment