Thursday, March 18, 2010

This Trip Din'na Happen!

The San Juan Island County Campground was booked for the 12 by a graduation class. Who knew.

Logistically it didn't make sense to start camping on Sunday the 13 only to leave for the night to pick-up Mike and drive back Monday morning. So I didn't reserve a campsite. We will still do the kayaking on the 14th and play around Mukilteo until then. I might work Sat and Sun to preserve some of my PTO.

I'm a little sad it didn't happen as I dreamed it would, but life isn't always a saltine cracker. We can talk, read, watch movies, walk, take a nap, dance if YOU want to, and I can take you to one scrumptious Happy Meal at The Palisades for a first seating. We will find a new trail to blaze, a new ferry to ride, a new hill to clim_, er, a new hill to look at. Or if you book a campsite, we will look you up. It is still a fabulous place and I hope each and everyone of you put it on your "do before I die list." It's not the Pyramids or the Taj Mahal, but wonderful.

Humm
, interesting, two world famous tombs...

Anyway, I'm a little sad, but I'll get over it and life goes on. I can't wait to see who I see and do what I do and feel what I feel and try what I try -- this little June excursion.

p.s. We can drink wine at my house...

No comments:

Post a Comment